Monday, June 8, 2009

Queen of Unfinished Projects

I know that everyone THINKS they are the queen of unfinished projects, but SISTA, I hold the crown, the jewels, the fancy dress and the heart of the KING!

What am I working on?

Minnesota Hot Dish...
I used Louisa fabrics and some white background I had in my stash.
This one is pieced and ready to be quilted.

(this is usually when I lose interest!)

A Split Decision using Kashmir III and a Moda Cream that I buy by the bolts to have on hand at all times. It's the same cream that comes out with many collections but by a different name each time. I have about 10 blocks completed, not much of a start, but a start none-the-less. This pattern is amazing with only two fabrics and perfect for beginners.

A Daisy Chain using the Patisserie collection and the previously mentioned cream.

This is an easy pattern, it just gets monotonous. It's not like you can complete a block and see how amazing it's going to be. The assembled quilt is amazing, the individual blocks: not-so-much.
Because of this, I would never recommend this quilt pattern for a beginner.
Rather LARGE log cabin blocks using Hemming House Jelly Rolls.

I bought about eight Jelly Rolls so that I could pick and choose which strips I wanted to use. I will sell any unused Jelly Rolls in my store when I am done.
I have 10 or so blocks complete.

This was an unfinished table runner of my Mothers. I found it in her craft room when she passed away. It's pinned and ready to be quilted but I haven't been able to do it yet.
As if I didn't' have enough, I inherited quite a few unfinished project from her!
She was an amazing quilter, I wish I would have had the chance to learn more!




There are many, many more. I would say I have about 12-15 projects in the works. I will usually work on about 3 different ones during one sitting. I have trouble finishing anything. I always loose interest when it's time to quilt them- I hate actually quilting any project. Love to piece, hate to quilt. Am I the only one?

I think I am going to start sending off my projects to a long arm quilter. Any Takers?

I have decided:

To piece is human,
To finish is divine.


I wish I were divine!

1 comment:

  1. Are you willing to know who your spouse really is, if your spouse is cheating just contact hackingsetting, He is good at hacking into cell phones,changing school grades and many more. This great hacker has also worked for me and my colleagues and we got results of our spouses whatsapp messages,call logs, text messages, viber, kik, Facebook, emails, deleted text messages and many more, this hacker is very fast, cheap and affordable. He has never disappointed me and my colleagues for once, contact him if you have any form of hacking problem, am very sure he will help you out. THANK YOU.

    contact: hackingsetting50@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete